Saturday, June 14, 2014

maybe it's not me

maybe it's not me
maybe it's not my heart that's in the wrong place
searching for the unattainable
never opening up
encased in steel and ice
advancing on others with a driving force of tortured sadness 
maybe it's not my head thinking of the next move
living in paranoia 
attempting to override my heart
rationalizing the demented affairs with others
saying such horrible things to myself and actually allowing myself to believe them 
maybe it's not my body
bloated and drowning my sorrow and filling myself with my desires
consuming more despair 
outraged that i am what others want yet others don't want me
constantly telling myself that i'm the prize
looking at the mirror but never seeing what it shows
maybe it's not my words stemming from my thoughts caressing my spirit into darkness
filled with seductive deception
lips dripping with cancer
no sugar coating 
destined to hurt only myself
maybe it's not me

No comments:

Post a Comment