Monday, February 18, 2013

in time

what has me will not let me go
though i try
i try so hard
to void it from my aura
it keeps
coming
back
i have accepted that which i possess
have come to terms with that which i don't
yet
and still
i am being followed
a force more powerful than i
seeks me out
have i not sequestered my talents until they were ready
are they ready
am i
ready
anguish of incompletion 
unfulfilled appetite
i know who you are and i know what you came for
but you shall not have it
vile ramparts erected in mockery
distilling my hopes to a vapid trepidation
silently agonizing that which i know i am
fill my colostomy bag with cement
if you please
it's not formidable enough
i will hold true to the old ways
collect me when i'm gone or scatter the bones
in time
i will be

No comments:

Post a Comment